Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fruit Salad

We all know that there are many different fruits to choose from, thus the possibilities really are endless when it comes to putting together a fruit salad.

I like fruit salad aside from macaroni salad. Fruit salad is a great way for kids to get vitamins and nutrients they need. I let my daughter to choose which varieties she would like to see join forces in their bowl, then I top with a dollop of yogurt and nuts and/or granola for a little protein.

Here’s a recipe for my favorite fruit salad:

INGREDIENTS:
1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
1 pound seedless green grapes, halved
3 bananas, peeled and sliced
1 (8 ounce) container strawberry yogurt

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, toss together strawberries, grapes, bananas, and strawberry yogurt. Serve immediately.

No comments: