Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Art of Ikebana

I am fond of arranging flowers. As a matter of fact I am making some bouquets for birthday, anniversary, valentines, and for any events. I sometimes arrange wedding flower arrangements, thinking of becoming a florist someday.

Now I plan to make some Ikebana. We knew that ikebana is the Japanese way of arranging flowers with art. It is a way putting nature and humanity together. As for me it is a creative way of making flower arrangement utilizing some living branches, leaves, grasses, and blossoms in one container. With proper combination of shapes and colors, it forms a great floral decoration.

The idea behind ikebana is to build a link between indoors and outdoors. Thus, we can see different types of plants in a single arrangement. And for a single type of flower being used, it should bring its full implication about nature.

It's been a past time for me to create one ikebana every week. It's a good feeling creating one!

No comments: