Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Little Italy: A Tourist Trap?

Well, they say that there is not much of Little Italy in Manhattan anymore. It was more or less a tourist trap and that it was not worth the detour. However, I was still curious to see the place. I still enjoyed shopping from several souvenir shops and dining to the restaurant. For those people who have seen Little Italy before, they were probably disappointed to see how small Little Italy has become. I have heard that most of the Italian families of old have now moved to different residential areas throughout the city.



I had Spaghetti and meatballs a la bolognesa, although it was not the best Italian meal I've ever had. I still say that Little Italy is quite good, not expensive, and the atmosphere of the place turned this into a really pleasant experience!

No comments: