Thursday, June 21, 2007

AKIHABARA


Akihabara is Tokyo's famed Electric Town and one of the most animated places in the universe to shop! It is where you can find Japan's big-name consumer electronic and computer makers. And these makers compete each other to be the first to market with the season's latest products. Akiba, as its shortened name, is located less than five minutes by rail from Tokyo Station.

It was 2003 when I first see this place and I was amazed what I have seen. I saw computers, computer peripherals and latest gadgets all around the corner. Manga, anime, videodiscs, and game software are the million sellers. Hand parts for the do-it-yourself PC builder are readily available. Tools, electrical parts, wires, microsized cameras and more are to be found. Foreign tourists tend to visit the big name shops like Laox, where I bought some watches for my family and friends. Akiba is really famous as an electronics wholesale district.

After tough days' shopping, even you are tired, can be certain of one thing: you'll be back!

No comments: